Sunday, December 13, 2009

The power of a loving hug

December 13, 2009

I had planned to write in my blog on Tuesdays and Saturdays, but I thought I would add an extra one today. After church last week we had a wonderful potluck luncheon, and I took my usual cranberry salad. Well, today I gave out 3 requested recipes for the salad. Made me feel good. I also got the hugs I look forward to each week.
Do you know how important hugs are? They actually warm the heart and promote healing. Some people, like me, don't live in an environment where they get daily hugs, so each hug is a treasured experience.
There was a time when I believed I didn't need people. I was living my life alone just fine, thank you. But the older I grow, the more I realize how important it is to have people in our lives, especially loving ones. I remember how I scoffed when Barbra Streisand sang the song People. I love that song now. I think expressing love is the most important thing we can do in life. It's the greatest healer for all kinds of pain. We need people to love and to love us. I know it's hard for some who feel so alone, but there really are others out there who feel the same way and would love to exchange a hug. We just need to reach out and find them. I find mine in my family, friends and church, but there are many places to look. If you put out enough love, the Universe will respond with a loving hugger. It has to. That's Universal law.
Til next time, here's to love and blessings for the whole world.
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment