Saturday, March 20, 2010

From Fear To Faith

We're all afraid of something, sometimes. Rational fears of a real danger lead us to positive action. But the irrational ones of imagined threats in our daily life can be destructive. We need to know the difference. Once we identify our worry and discomfort as fear, we can do something about it.

We have fears about situations in our outer world like: something bad might happen, or it's not going to work out right, or what if I make a mistake. We also have fears about our inner world like: I'm not strong enough to do this, or I'm scared I'll feel foolish, or what if my headache comes back. Either way, it's irrational about something that's only your own perception. These fears can be dealt with and turned from fear to faith.

When you first feel that bit of discomfort in the pit of your stomach about anything, inner or outer, go inside and clarify your feeling, honestly. If it's even a small degree of fear, confront it.

I'm a believer in denials and affirmations to change our perception and, therefore, our feelings. We can't deny the emotion is there, but we can deny it any power over us. Pull the fear up to the surface and talk to it like you would another person. "Okay, fear, I know you're there. I can feel your presence. But I deny you have any power over me. You're no bigger than a fly on a horse's rump, so you might as well go away. I'm done with you." Then affirm the truth about the situation. "I release you now, and affirm my freedom from you through the real Power within me. I am a precious child of the Universe, untouched by your mischief. So get out of my life."

Ridding ourself of any unwanted emotion isn't easy. It takes practice, but as time passes, you'll feel a shift within you, and you'll smile. Keep practicing and learn to do this. It's like having a tool in your back pocket when your human self gets in the way of your sacred Self. Use whatever words you are comfortable with, but be firm in faith, faith in your Creator and faith in the truth of who you are. Life is not for living in fear.

I wish you freedom from anything that keeps you from expressing your true Self.

Marilyn

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I think I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete