Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Loosen Up

Sometimes we forget something we really need to remember, but then comes a reminder that brings us back to where we need to be to make our life work better--to make the bumps a little easier.

In my last blog, I referred to a comment written in Chinese that I had previously received and didn't appreciate. I felt I handled it in a kind way, but my meaning was clear. Well, guess what. I received a comment (in Chinese) in response to my last post that gave me some advice I already knew, but had forgotten when I entered the post. Sound confusing? Anyway, as clearly as I could translate, it said, "Do not life too seriously, since we will not be alive." I have to interpret this to mean, "Life is short. Don't take it too seriously." I hope my interpretation is correct.

I won't apologize for my last post, because I still believe what I wrote. But I do appreciate the reminder to loosen up. There are some situations that need to be remedied, but if something just bothers you, ignore it. If it doesn't go away, get away from it. But don't take it so seriously you get bent out of shape over it. Life really is too short to waste energy when it could be put to better use.

Thank you, Chinese writer--whoever you are.

By the way, I will apologize for not writing a post last Saturday as planned. I was totally wiped out after handling a plumbing problem, and I took a nap instead. I have forgiven myself, and I'm not taking it too seriously. See? I'm growing.

I wish all of you opportunities for growth and contentment.

Marilyn

1 comment: