Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Healing

Recently, a book found me on Amazon.com, The Root Of All Healing, by Misa Hopkins. Yes, it jumped right out at me and said, "Pay attention." Every once in a while I get something like that, and it always helps me in some way. This book speaks mostly of healing physical, mental or emotional illness, but it reminded me of how often something in our life needs healing.

Nothing is totally healthy, because being in the human condition puts us in the realm of negative conditions and situations. We can't be human and escape all discord and pain. We don't live in Lala land. So we need to know and use whatever means is available to bring about healing and harmony, inside and outside of ourselves.

The first place to look is inside, because that's where it all begins. Each of us has an inherent power within us to create the kind of life we want. But first we have to know what we want, because what we envision is what we'll have. We live in a world that contains positive and negative energy, and we can't escape either, but with our thoughts we can influence how much of one or the other we experience.

There's a saying, "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." If I believe I won't have money to pay a bill, I probably won't; if I believe I will spend the rest of my life lonely, I probably will; and if I believe I will never recover from an illness, I probably won't.

Challenges come into our life everyday, but learning to use denials and affirmations can retrain our mind to envision and expect the outcome we want rather than the alternative. We can't deny that a situation or condition exists, but we're not doomed. We can firmly deny that it has any power over us. Then we can affirm the truth of each situation. An empty pocketbook can be filled, caring people can alleviate loneliness, and illness can pass, or at least improve.

Each challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow, and we have the power within to use each challenge as a means to a better life. Over time, instant affirmations will outnumber the denials, and life will become more of what we want it to be.

Be kind to yourself. You're worth it.

Marilyn

4 comments: