Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reminders

Life is a series of lessons. We learn values, ideas, concepts, what works and what doesn't. But sometimes we forget what we've learned, and we find ourselves wondering why something isn't working out. We're faced with confusion, anxiety, depression or self-doubt. However, life has a way of bringing us reminders when we get caught up in false notions and lose sight of where we need to be.

When we're in some kind of pain we tend to forget everything but the pain. It may blind us to the truth of what we already know, and we may need to be reminded that we're not alone, there may be a better way to manage, help is available, we can overcome, maybe this is only temporary, or we're stronger than we think. Better insight can move us to a better place.

Usually, when I'm immersed in some kind of physical, mental or emotional turmoil, I will see, hear or read some gem of wisdom that jolts me back to reality, a truth I need to remember. Then my aha experience gives me the power I need to get back on track and re-focus to a place of coping and expanding on what I already knew all along, but had temporarily forgotten. When this happens, I'm back in a place of truth, and I feel stress lifting.

Recently, a comment on one of my blogs said that we are all spiritual beings at a different development stage. Thank you, Cristian, for that reminder. Yes, we're all on our journey through the human experience, and we don't always function from our spiritual self. We fall down sometimes, but there is that higher part of us inside that will lift us up and put us back on our path if we seek truth in the dark time, or simply when we just need a nudge in a better direction.

When any negative situation appears in your life, look past appearances, for there is a truth involved in every situation that will set you free from false assumptions. When you feel there is no answer, look for one. Reminders to a different way of thinking are there. And when you change your thinking, you change your life.

You're never really stuck. You just think you are sometimes.

Peace.

Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. "we're stronger than we think"

    Well said, Marilyn! I was feeling a bit low and realized I needed to stop delaying the pursuit of a job that I love, instead of staying with one I simply enjoyed.

    Now that I've done it I don't know why I didn't do it sooner! As a side project I decided to create this blog: http://internalcompass.brcent.com/about/ to help other people "snap out of it" and start doing what makes them happy.

    Check it out when you get a chance and let me know your thoughts!

    Best,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete