Thursday, January 6, 2011

True To You

A true knowledge of ourselves is knowledge of our power. Mark Rutherford

Every January 1st we receive a gift. It's a whole new year to mold and shape into a better year than the last one. What a gift. What an opportunity and responsibility. What do you plan to do with it? Do you hear little negative messages in your head already telling you what you can and can't do? We all live with guidelines, but those messages can prevent you from manifesting your true self.

It's wise to take a look at what you want to manifest in your life, and what may be holding you back or setting you on the wrong path. A good place to begin is making a vision board. Approach it realistically, but with a "sky's the limit" attitude. No, you probably won't be the next astronaut or sing with the symphony if you don't have a voice, but you can have, do and be much more than you ever envisioned. So go for it.

1. Sit quietly and let your mind wander. Allow your wishes to manifest in your mind. The question is not "What can I have?" The question is "What does the real me want?"
2. Now listen to the negative messages in your head that will say you can't, you're not deserving, you don't have the resources, you'll never make it, etc.
3. Firmly confront those messages as the lies they are, and allow them to pass through and leave.
4. You know gut level who and what you are, in spite of any contradiction. So now be true to yourself, and calmly replace the lies with the truth of your being. I am--I am--I am.
5 Now you're ready to transfer your desires to the vision board. Get a piece of poster board and attach pictures from magazines etc relating to your visions. Allow everything on the board to reflect who you are, not what someone else thinks you should be. Have fun with this. It will increase your motivation and self-confidence.

I have a vision board on my bedroom wall, and each time I achieve something, I stick a smiley face on the picture and display my own big smile. The first thing I achieved was finding some wild salmon at a reasonable price three days after I put a picture of salmon on the board. Now that really gave me hope for the future.

Every year you're given the same opportunity to live your life being true to yourself. Is that what you always do, or are you listening to those constricting messages in your head? Granted, there may be circumstances that prevent you from doing everything you want, but look at those circumstances as something to help you gain a better understanding of who you are, and work on expressing more of your true self.

Give yourself permission to do what you want with your life, and live it.

I wish you happy authentic expression.

Marilyn


1 comment:

  1. Do you make a new vision board every year?
    I picked "Freedom" as a word to focus on for the year. I think I need to get out the magazines, scissors, glue and, what the heck, some glitter!

    ReplyDelete