Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dare To Risk

When I let go of what I am, I become more of what I might be. Lao Tzu

Do you ever sense something inside nudging you to listen? It's always there whether you take the time to listen or not. We're creatures that cannot stand still. We're created to move. I'm not talking about taking giant steps somewhere. I'm talking about the call within that wants you to expand your life--open up some of those hidden places that even you may not have discovered, and express more of who and what you are in whatever way is yours.

When you listen and discover those beautiful possibilities (we all have them), a part of you says, maybe I can do that, maybe I can have that, maybe I can be that. And yes, maybe you can.

You won't know what you can do until you take the risk and move. But that's scary, isn't it? What if I fail? Do something I've never done before? Have more love in my life? Become more enlightened? Wow, how can little ole me accomplish that? Well, maybe you can and maybe you can't, but that's not the point. The point is getting out there, willing to follow a path to your goal. I don't know anyone who has succeeded at everything they attempted, but I know a lot of people who have succeeded at a lot. And because of their courage, their whole life is to be honored. It's always worth the risk.

We're all special creations in a Universal sea, connected by our diverse but similar qualities--qualities waiting to be expressed. So choose that part of you that wants to be heard. Then plot your course and be brave enough to take the first step. Each step leads to another, and your life will be more meaningful, no matter what. We can't see the future except in our dreams. But dreams can come true.

Take the risk, and create your dream.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment