Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What Does Your Soul Want?

Don't discard your fantasies as merely wishful thinking. Honor them as messages from the deepest part of your being about what you can do and directions you can choose. Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer

Do you ever get a feeling there's something more you want to do in your life? I mean more than you're doing now. Have your childhood dreams been fulfilled? Did they pass by, or are they still inside somewhere? Life is like a smorgasbord, a journey around the table, which we never complete. There's always more, more of you to be discovered. Maybe it's time to take another look.

What is there in your life that you might wish to pursue? It could be something as challenging as studying a foreign language or painting a garden scene, or as simple as reading to children or growing roses. There is something wonderful in you that wants to be expressed. Have you ever asked the question, what does my soul want? If you listen, it will tell you.

I spent much of my life doing waitress work, but in my mid-forties, I heard something inside directing me to work in the mental health field. I had received plenty of training in dealing with people in the years I waited on tables. So I went back to school, got my education and more training, and had many years of very fulfilling work which I would have missed had I not listened to what my soul wanted. There is something more for each of us, a deeper expression of who we are, and it longs to be heard.

So where do you begin to find more of you and expand your life? First listen and hear what's in the depths of your being, and answer the calling. Choose to bring this part of you alive, and nurture its growth. Don't judge its importance or lack of importance. If you feel it nudging you forward, it's important.

Now tune in to inner guidance and create your path, your own path. The simple process of envisioning your path with purpose and intention starts energy moving, and it will lead you through each step of seeing your dreams unfold. We would not be given dominion over the good we want in our life without the help needed to guide our way. You will be led on the right path as you listen to what your soul wants.

Allow unfoldment to occur. There's beauty in there.

Marilyn

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marilyn,
    As much as I'd like to listen to the inner guidance, I'm afraid of where it might lead me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good article!

    We also need to know How to correctly apply The Law of Gratitude? http://www.homesbizonline.com/gratitude

    ReplyDelete