Only in growth, reform, and change, paradoxically enough, is true security to be found. Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Usually we prefer to stay in the status quo of life. We know how to live it, even though it pinches like a pair of shoes a size too small. And it's difficult to face the unknown, so we cling to the familiar. But do you ever wonder what might be waiting behind a door you've never opened--a dream you've left dormant in your heart--a different life situation that might bring you more peace and joy? Do you want change in your life? Then what's holding you back from receiving what the Universe wants you to have?
Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you. Og Mandino
Things happen, and we're always being pressured to change, but when we refuse to reach out and bring about the kind of change we want, we may end up with a kind we don't want. Fear is the culprit that keeps us marching to the same tune, the one that takes us nowhere. Fear of the unknown is what holds us in poor relationships, lack of money, work we don't like, unfulfilled dreams and unanswered prayers. Our thoughts become frozen in "I can't" attitudes. Yes, change is always taking place, but we need to consciously create changes that help us grow and improve our quality of life.
1. The first step is to know what you want to bring into your life, and what you want to release. Be clear about what you want to accomplish.
2. Next, just be willing to do what it takes to change. At this point you don't need to know how. Willingness changes your frame of mind, which is where everything begins, so relax in willingness and feel a sense of power calm your fears.
3. Make a list of what you can do to start the change process. All you have is the present time, so start there.
4. Take each step as you go along, and things will gradually fall into place. Allow the process to unfold with time.
5. Periodically, regroup and evaluate your progress. It's okay to alter your direction if you need to.
6. Ignore the naysayers, look within for guidance, and keep faith in the Universe and yourself. You will find strength you didn't know was there.
We change because we have to. We are born creators, and we must envision the changes we want and create them. You may not be successful in all of your endeavors, but you will be successful in some. And that's positive change. That's a positive life. That's a positive you.
I wish you joyful newness in your life.