Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ah, The Music


Music is the voice that tells us that the human race is greater than it knows. Napoleon Bonaparte

I'm in love. I'm in love with 3 teen-age Italian singer's glorious music that's now being heard all over the world. Their music is so inspiring, I had to get their CD. Now I walk around my house waving my arms in the air as if conducting the orchestra with tears running down my face. Their voices are beyond beautiful, and their expression touches my heart with the realization that we humans are blessed with beauty we're not even aware of. Maybe we just don't take the time to hear the music that runs through our lives everyday, and a group like these amazing young men is here to remind us.

Music is everywhere. Mothers hum to their babies, men belt out songs in the shower, and children still sing Itsy Bitsy Spider. But we usually don't pay much attention. We're too busy to think, not only about music we hear, but about the music we don't hear. There's music in every part of our lives, not just through singing or playing a musical instrument. Have you ever heard a song in the wind blowing through trees, in waves that hit the shore, from birds talking to each other, or bees flying around a flower? And most of all the song that's inside each of us. We all have our own voice, the unique way in which we express ourselves, and we have the power to choose our songs.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Berthold Auerbach

When I go to the grocery store, I notice one of the check-out clerks. She always smiles, asks how I'm doing today, and if I want paper or plastic. She sings the same words every day, and the title of her song is, I care about you. I know this, because I feel her voice expressing those words. My cousin plays with her 12 great-grandchildren and works in a medical office one day a week. My niece sings with smiles from her wheelchair, and my writing group puts their songs on paper. Ah, the music.

What do you want to express in your life, and how do you want to express it? You have the voice. Now choose your song and give it to the world. We need it.

I wish you a song in your heart.

Marilyn

2 comments:

  1. I'm going right now to check out this cd. I am stuck on a Michael W. Smith cd that I can't get enough of. Music really does sooth the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S> Look at you putting up photos like a pro!

    ReplyDelete