Thursday, November 3, 2011

Look Inside

To the question of your life, you are the only answer. To the problems of your life, you are the only solution. Jo Coudert

Most of the time our focus is outside ourselves believing our source of happiness is out there somewhere. If I had a partner, I wouldn't be lonely; If all of my affairs were in order, I'd be at peace; If I had all the money I need, I'd feel secure; If I could do something important, my life would have meaning; etc. If I had--if I had--if I had. Yes, it's important to have things that enhance our quality of life, but things and situations are only ours for a time. Life is constantly changing, and we can spend a lifetime searching for new things when the old ones wear out.

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it. George Moore.

For some people, many years are wasted looking for that special person, place or thing that will bring them true, lasting happiness, only to find at the end of the journey that it was inside all the time. That's where all of your answers and solutions are found. True peace and happiness can only be found inside. They're built in, and all we have to do is go within and search. Are you willing to spend time and attention to discover what may be waiting there, like who and what you really are?

Resolve to be thyself, and know that he who finds himself loses his misery. Matthew Arnold

You will always have to face some painful times along your journey, and during those times you may not feel that happiness can be found within. But peace and happiness are your true nature, that part of you that gets overlooked when you search in the outer. And this is where you find peace in the midst of the storm.

Take some quiet time each day (even 15 minutes) to come home to yourself. Allow your shadows to surface without judgment. We all have those. Then let them go. And allow your light to shine in your life. We all have that too. See it, believe it, and praise that beautiful self. That's where true, lasting happiness is found.

I wish for you a happy, peaceful journey

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment