Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trust Your Self

As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. Goethe

In life we all make mistakes. The little ones just seem to be a part of our imperfection, not of much consequence. But some are major mistakes, and over time these can create mistrust in our ability to make sound judgments. Our ego-self may become afraid to reach out--to live as fully as we would like. And we look for ways to cope.

When I grip the wheel too tight, I find I lose control. Steve Rapson

When we lack trust, we foolishly seek to control the people and situations in our life, thinking this will provide the sense of security we need. But fear is always beneath our need to control. Control leads to bondage--not freedom.

I've probably made more big mistakes than most, but I got tired of looking back at the kind you can't go back and fix, and I realized I was looking in the wrong place for wisdom. It never was out there where people and situations changed no matter what I did. And it wasn't in my head with all the fear, confusion, and uncertainty. It was inside--in that special, peaceful, all-knowing place that touches my heart with truth. The one place that would never fail me. And I began my journey to find trust in my self.

Self-trust is the first secret of success. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fear is powerful energy, and change does not come easy. Even if you know that the answers you need are only found within you, breaking old habits is difficult. They may be painful, but you cling to them through a false sense of security. That's familiar territory. The unknown is scary. But you can learn to tune into that small, still voice within you for dependable answers and direction.

Do not abandon trust when your ego thinks things should be different than they are. Wayne Dyer.

It may take a while for you to transfer from the sometimes faulty thinking in your mind to trusting the truth of your inner voice, but with practice this transition can occur.
1. When you need physical information, gather it from your environment. Then go within and ask for help with your final decision.
2. Listen for your answer. It may come as a voice, a feeling, a knowing.
3 Be patient and wait. Your answer may not come immediately. You may be driving your car, doing laundry, busy at work, or whatever, when you suddenly know your answer.
4. Develop an attitude of trust in your life as it unfolds day by day.

Trust your Self. You have always had this part of you that can lead to peace and confidence in your self and your life. Release the worries, and know you are cared for. All is well.

I wish you peace in trusting your Self.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment