Friday, December 23, 2011

The Magic Time

We need a renaissance of wonder. We need to renew, in our hearts and in our souls, the deathless dream, the eternal poetry, the perennial sense that life is miracle and magic. E. Merrill Root.

Sorry I'm late this week, but last week's injury from a fall on my kitchen floor put a stop to all of my plans. It took my focus away from outer activities and forced me to go within. There was no other place to go. And the pain in my bruised body directed me to explore who and what I am and how I view life and it's challenges. There are times when we need to go within and find meaning we may be missing with our busy minds. I remembered past holidays like the present one...what I did then, how I felt and what they meant to me. And the same thought kept coming back--the same profound realization I have every year during this beautiful holiday season. This is a time of renewal, reawakening, rebirth--and releasing of the old invites this Newness of Life.

You might ask yourself, as I have done this week, what do you want to release from your life? What do you want to renew or reawaken? -- a talent, a sense of peace, an unfulfilled dream? Listen to the Voice within that always leads you to greater awareness of truth in your life, greater expression of who you are. Embrace the song in your heart that wants to be heard, and allow rebirth to unfold in the joy of the season. You are more than you know, and now is a time to express the magic that is you.

This is a time for each of us to let our light shine as a star in the heavens, and be who we are meant to be.

I wish you the joy of reawakening love and light in your life.

Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. M,
    This was a beautiful post. I sure hope you're feeling better. Sometimes we have to be hit on the head (or fall on our butt) in order to take the time to rest and renew.

    Hope you'll be refreshed in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete