Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012

Welcome to 2012, a year of many predictions and much speculation. For years we've heard rumors about the year 2012 and what it will bring. I've heard predictions that range from "nothing unusual will happen" to "the world will end." I guess many of us have an opinion about this year, but there's one thing we speculators agree on--it will be a year of change, more so than in the past. I've heard various predictions involving a number of ways in which change will take place. and for the next few weeks, I'd like to share my thoughts on what I believe is coming and what I'm doing now to prepare for 2012.

I believe this is a year of forward movement at accelerated speed, and we must move quickly in a positive direction to change our own individual lives in positive ways. Even now we see increased chaos, upheaval and darkness all over the world that can have a harmful effect on our physical, mental and spiritual life. But each of us has the power to make changes in the outer and express light from within to transform the darkness for a more loving and peaceful world.

Our own thoughts, feelings and actions influence our quality of life. So if we continue living as we have in the past, stuck in old habits and behavior patterns, we'll find that old baggage holds us back from moving forward. This is a time of great opportunity to grow and become more of what we want to be. And we have a choice. We can either be content with the status quo and be swept along by a sea of negative energy or we can move into the future with purpose, stability, and renewal.

This week I'll be working on a list of outer and inner changes I can make in my life to create positive results, in spite of what happens in the world around me. I already have a mental list of things I've put off doing (I'm sometimes a procrastinator), so those will be at the top of my list. This may end up being quite creative, and creativity is the juice that keeps us feeling alive.

If you're interested in coming along for the ride, I'd like to hear from you.

See ya next week.

Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn. Some medias have been saying 2012 is the end of the world, which causes lots of negative problems. Some people believe what they heard from these medias. They are afraid of going to die, or thinking of giving up living positively and actively. Actually, I agreed that this is a year of big positive change even we are seeing something negative happening. It just takes time and some efforts from human beings. But I also believe that the end of the world will happen one day in the future if people keep damaging the environment. We love the earth, she will love us back.

    ReplyDelete