Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Theta State

There is more to us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less. Kurt Hahn

Our brain functions in several states of awareness, composed of brain waves. Electrical activity in the brain generates four categories of brain waves--beta, alpha, theta, and delta--from very alert to deep sleep. Theta brain waves can occur during times of quiet relaxation, meditation, yoga, running, etc, but most of us experience them in the barely conscious state just before sleeping or just after waking--a dreamy state, but not feeling fully awake and alert. This is a time when we can access the subconscious part of ourselves and experience free flowing ideas with mental imagery and meaningful and creative mental activity. This is a time when we get those insightful "wow" ideas.

I've experienced this state of awareness many times, but since I recently made a statement of intention for positive changes in my life this year, it's been happening more often. At first, I thought I could remember thoughts that came to me in that sleepy state, but when I became totally awake I forgot them. So this morning I jumped up and wrote everything down. I'd like to share those thoughts with you just as they came to me.

"When I look at my life I see lack and turmoil. But appearances are not truth. Appearances are illusions. I must bring out the truth. Transform it. I don't know where I will go with this, but I know I will not remain where I am now--physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually. I don't know what all of my illusions are, but as I discover truth, illusions will come forth and be transformed--released--dissolved--or whatever happens to old beliefs when we let them go. Like everything else, they're made of energy, so the energy has to change in some way." And then: "We are a global community. This has been emerging in the past few years. Now is the time for all to come together. All a part of the whole. A ripple effect."

As earth energy shifts, I believe we will be guided through each challenge, sometimes in unexpected ways. So paying close attention to my theta state, without judgment, may be a valuable source of insight. Now I intend to start a journal of my theta awareness thoughts and ideas. Maybe that will help increase my understanding and guide me on my 2012 journey. I can't say I know exactly what I'm doing, but I definitely want to go with a positive flow this year. And I need all the help I can get. Gotta start somewhere.

We are more than we know. I wish you happy discoveries on your journey this year.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment