Thursday, March 1, 2012

Flow With Change

Our world is moving quickly, and sometimes I feel like more demands are being put on my time everyday, and I can't catch up. Before I get used to one modern device, it's obsolete, and something new is on the market. I heard recently that we're even running out of air space to accommodate our technological devices, and communication will be slowed. Whew. I want to stop the clock or get off the merry-go-round, but there's nowhere to go but forward.

Sometimes I resist change, even small ones, but I know that change is inevitable whether we like it or not. It's the nature of everything in our universe to constantly move and change, so if we are to know life at its fullest, we must stop resisting and allow change to take us where we need to go. As I look back on my life, I realize how much has happened and how much better I am for it. Yes, I guess embracing change does lead me to more of who and what I want to be. And I find that as years pass, my life has more meaning with each change.

Recently I came across a poem I've had for many years, and it reminds me of how far I've come and how far I still need to go. Life doesn't stand still. We just continue in our flow with change. So we might as well make it as positive as we can.

CHANGE

By James Dillet Freeman

I have resisted change with all my will,
Cried out to life, "Pass by and leave me still."
But I have found as I have trudged time's track
That all my wishing will not hold life back.
All finite things must go their finite way;
I cannot bid the merest moment, "Stay."
So finding that I have no power to change
Change, I have changed myself. And this is strange,
But I have found out when I let change come,
The very change that I was fleeing from
Has often held the good I had prayed for,
And I was not the less for change, but more.
Once I accepted life and was not loath

To change, I found change was the seed of growth.


I wish you a peaceful journey.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment