Wednesday, April 4, 2012
getting to know You
Getting in touch with your true self must be your first priority. Tom Hopkins
Ideally the ego self and true self will function together in harmony and peace, and the ego will express in our material world who we truly are. However, the ego gathers some false beliefs from our environment and creates its own reality and personality, different from our true self. Many people believe their personality is who they are, and this is who they identify with. Even those who know better sometimes have difficulty living from their true self. But if we want to live authentically, we must gradually transform our reality. This transformation is our spiritual journey back to our spiritual source.
What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself. Abraham H. Maslow
You experience both selves, but you must pay attention and become aware of your thoughts, feelings and actions in order to distinguish one self from the other. Step back and become the observer. When you feel any kind of emotional pain, your ego self is talking to you loud and clear. At first, just practice observing and learn to recognize your ego's voice. With this awareness, you can learn ways to replace false beliefs with truth and then express as your true self. When you see the bigger picture, you see with the eyes of your soul.
To be authentic is literally to be your own author..., to discover your own native energies and desires, and then to find your own way of acting on them. Warren G. Bennis
1. Go inside to your quiet place and seek to understand any confusing parts of yourself. Explore with questions. Why am I...? Why do I...?
2. When you feel trapped in a problem, ask What does my soul want me to know? Awareness brings understanding and courage.
3. Identify patterns in your life that hold you back. Then make a conscious effort to replace them with beneficial ones.
4. When you have a painful feeling, identify it and use denials and affirmations. I feel fear. I deny that this fear has any power over me. I am a divine creation and I have nothing to fear. This replaces the false belief with truth.
5. Don't listen to your inner critic. Believe in yourself and know that your true self is always with you in love, compassion and guidance.
6. Use gratitude daily.
Don't tackle everything at once. Develop self-awareness, and catch whatever comes up. Transformation is a lifetime endeavor, but as we begin to know ourselves as souls, we gradually release attachment to our false identity, and we embrace unity and wholeness. The more our ego self and true self function together in harmony, the more life will have deeper meaning and will reflect the love and peace we long for.
Be happy with both of you.