Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Is It Really A Coincidence?

Coincidence, if traced far enough back, becomes inevitable. Hineu

Sometimes I wonder if everything I call a coincidence really is a coincidence. When something out of the ordinary happens and that twinge of amazement is felt inside, some will say, "Oh, it's just a coincidence", while with others, these events stir the mind for explanations.

Those amazing events can be gigantic or just small ones we could overlook. The woman I found to edit my book, Silent Echoes, discovered her biological family, lost through adoption, living in the pages of the book she was hired to edit. Was it just a coincidence she was the person I happened to find for my book? Another time, I needed some groceries, but I was broke. I started to go to my brother's house to borrow some money, and I found a twenty dollar bill in the pocket of a coat I hadn't worn since last year. Coincidence? And what about the former Navy Seal, the only person near by when a woman's car went over an embankment into a lake, and he was able to get her out of her car. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The concept of randomness and coincidence will be obsolete when people can finally define a formulation of patterned interaction between all things within the universe. Toba Beta, Betelgeuse Incident.

Everything in the universe is energy, and everything, including us, is connected by energy. So through the action of energy, what happens today influences what will happen tomorrow. But going further, maybe different forces move the energy in different ways, depending upon the situation and the nature of the moving force. Some would say its Divine Intervention. Others would say you just happened to be in a certain place at a certain time. Others would blame it on the law of averages. And how much is the result of our own actions?

Many people are content to just accept these events as they come. But others who began asking why when they were children still persist in wanting to know more. Maybe the more we know about the cause and how things work, the better we can manipulate the effect for a better outcome in many of those not so happy coincidental events.

There's much we don't know about how our universe works, but we do know that our innermost desires are a powerful force that creates energy, and energy creates events in our world. We don't always know how something we do today may affect another person's life tomorrow. And that person may call it a coincidence. So maybe a good place to start contributing to a happier more peaceful world is within ourselves.

I wish you happy coincidences.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment