Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Caught In A Bind

Today I'm caught without a message to share. Yes, I know--I preach about being prepared, and I goofed up this time myself. I had planned to write and post a message this morning, but I woke up with 3 spider bites on my neck. At least I think they're spider bites. I don't believe in that Dracula stuff, and I think if there were someone else in my bed I'd know it.

Anyway, when the bites turned red and began swelling really big, I headed for the acute care center. I waited for an hour with my hands in my pockets so I wouldn't scratch to relieve the itching, and then spent another 45 minutes being examined, getting 2 shots (one in my rump. Oweee), and instructions for what to get from the pharmacy. When I hobbled into my house from the car I collapsed on the sofa wrenching with nausea and pain. Well, maybe not that bad, but I sure felt like I was caught in a spider's web and needed help to escape.

I know, rationally, my situation is really no big deal. But when you're beset with a sudden unexpected painful situation, it's easy to fall into an exaggerated state of helpless worry. Oh, by the way, I think I blogged about that last week. I need to start reading my posts so I'll know how to handle stuff, even the less traumatic stuff like mine today.

Well, now I have to go get that additional remedy from the pharmacy to further aid in my recovery. Hey, I think I just wrote a blog post for today.

Keep your neck covered at night.

Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. Marilyn
    I hope you're feeling better.
    I hope the biting spiders have found a new home.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete