At the end of each year, our thoughts tend to take us back to where we've been and where we want to go in the new year. But this year is more than just moving into the year ahead. It's a powerful time of transition when the universe is beginning a new phase of its journey through time, an era in which we make an evolutionary leap to the next dimension in a more loving and peaceful world.
In this New Age, the old ways that no longer work for us will tend to pass away, and humanity will have opportunities to embrace a different way of life. During this time of transition, each of us is faced with a choice to either hang on to these old ways and be swept along by a negative sea of energy, or we can choose to shift our energy to new ways of managing our lives on a stronger and more fulfilling path.
Self-knowledge is the great power by which we comprehend and control our lives. Vernon Howard
To embrace the new, the old must be released. And this will take some introspection, soul-searching, and self-awareness. Our inner feelings and beliefs determine the quality of our life, and the better we know ourself, the better will be our life creations. We need to stop, pay attention, and become the observer to develop self-awareness.
Identify what needs to be released:
1. Quietly go within and ask for insight and guidance regarding what needs to be released from your life.
2. Keep a list handy to jot down thoughts and ideas as they come to you through each day. Your inner Voice will be talking to you.
3. List your strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, worries and fears, defeating habits--anything that helps you understand yourself better.
4. Notice your current behavior patterns and problem areas in your health, work, relationships, finances, household, free time etc.
5 Identify any clutter in your life. Clutter holds stagnate energy and impedes forward movement.
6. Is there anything you need to forgive in yourself or others? Self-criticism, past mistakes, old wounds that need healing?
7. Examine all of these issues, and clarify each one.
8. Each night review progress and express gratitude.
This is a tall order, but take your time, be patient with yourself, and allow the whole process to unfold, dealing with one thing at a time. Release as you go along, releasing each issue as you come to it.
Release and let go:
Visualization is a powerful tool for releasing what you no longer want in your life. A method I've found helpful is to close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and sit quietly for at least a few minutes. Then imagine a big balloon any color you want. Now create a shape, texture and color for whatever issue you want to release, dump it into the balloon, seal the balloon, and allow it to float gently up into the air, into the sky. As you watch it disappear, tell it goodbye and express gratitude for what you've learned from it, even if you're not aware that you learned anything from it.
Releasing what doesn't serve you in a positive way allows you to be open and receptive to bring into your life the blessings the Universe has for you. Release. Let go. And be ready for the next step, embracing more love, peace, and light into your life. Now is the time.
I wish you freedom to express love and peace in your life.