Thursday, July 4, 2013

Healing With Acupuncture

Today I'm going to write about my experience with acupuncture, because that's what's on my mind, and I feel like sharing. However, I first want to say that I'm not an acupuncture expert in any way, and my sharing is not meant to influence anyone in that direction. Each person must choose their own method for healing physical, mental and emotional health challenges. And the choice is yours. I can only share what works for me.

I'm a believer in integrative medicine, combining conventional western medicine and alternative methods, sometimes with eastern origins. I'm blessed to have a doctor who uses both. And he actually listens to me, and we discuss issues. God bless him.

I've used acupuncture for 12 years with good results, although it didn't help me quit smoking. I'm still working on that. In the 90s I came through very painful fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue with deep muscle massage and acupuncture, and hepatitis C with acupuncture and Chinese herbs with no medicine for either. I used Bach Flower Remedies for depression and anxiety. All the pain stopped, I gained energy, and my liver enzymes remain normal. All of this treatment was under the care of an integrative physician.

I had to give up acupuncture when I ran out of money, but a friend of mine is using it with good results, and she recently gave me one of the greatest gifts of my life--a series of 10 treatments. Miracles do happen, and now I'm back with acupuncture. However, this time it's more in depth, because it's for a variety of health challenges rather than one specific focus. And my response is different. After each session, I spend a couple of days feeling sick before I feel better. As I understand the process, my body is releasing unwanted illness-causing energy, and while this is taking place, I feel sick. Then as this energy is released, my body becomes stronger and can heal. This is not a one-time deal though. It's like peeling an onion. One layer at a time, so there's more to come.

I don't expect to be permanently illness-free. After all, I do live in a human body, susceptible to all the illness-causing stuff in the human world. But it does help to clean out the vessel once in a while. Every person is different, and every acupuncture treatment is specific for each person. I'm just grateful I found the right one for my needs.

The body is an amazing creation. It can heal itself when given the right environment. Choose the way that's best for you, and don't forget daily love and good energy.

I wish you a healthy body, mind and spirit.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment