Friday, December 27, 2013

Candy For The New Year

It was a beautiful holiday season for me. Friends, family, and candle light Christmas Eve service at my church. I haven't made my peanut butter candy in several years, so decided to do that this year. I made 3 1/2 batches and distributed as gifts. Didn't get to my writing group, because I didn't have all the ingredients when we met, but will plan better next year. The candy is delicious, and easy to make. Only 4 ingredients. If anyone is interested in trying it, here's the recipe. One batch makes about 55 candies, and will freeze well for future use.

1 Cup light Karo syrup
1 Cup sugar
2 Cups crunchy peanut butter
4 Cups Special K cereal.  (Or any kind of gluten free cereal flakes)
Hershey's milk chocolate kisses

Peel Hershey's kisses and set aside.
Have all ingredients measured out and ready to use. You need to work fast.
Lay out wax paper or parchment paper to drop candy on.

Mix syrup and sugar in large pan, and bring to a boil. Don't cook it. Just to a boil.
Cut the fire out, and quickly add peanut butter. Mix until smooth.
Add cereal and blend well.
Drop by tablespoons onto wax or parchment paper. Work quickly so mixture stays warm.
When you drop 5 candies, press a Hershey's kiss on each one. Then do 5 more, and so on.

Enjoy the candy, and keep the holiday spirit all year.

I wish you a wonderful new year filled with many blessings.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment