Thursday, February 6, 2014

Passing The Test


Every once in a while, I stop, get quiet, and ponder on where I am now and where I want to go from here. Sometimes I smile. Sometimes I don't. But I always find this time enlightening and well spent. One time I wrote a poem about the experience, and I'd like to share it with you today. Not a perfectly written poem, but hey, I'm a work in progress.

If life is a test, I pray that I'll pass.
I've been in this school a long time.
Each day of my life I take what comes,
And work toward doing what's mine.

Sometimes I look back where I've been in the past,
And I think of the times that I failed.
The hurdles I faced with fear in my heart.
And the times I proudly prevailed.

Most of the time I walked by myself,
And picked myself up when I fell. 
With lessons involved in each turn I made,
As I tried so hard to excel.

The places I've been and the people I've known.
They've come and gone through the years.
Sometimes they were close or a face in the crowd,
And occasionally brought bitter tears.

I think of the ones who are close to me now
And the ones that I've left behind.
I think of the  years that tested my strength
And the answers I never could find.

I tried to resolve all the issues I met,
And complete what achievements I could.
To live by the rules I'd been given in life,
And live like I thought that I should.

Now I don't know what my score will be
When I get to the end of my test.
Whatever the outcome with that final stroke
                                                  I hope that I gave it my best.                                                     

But there's only one question that will really decide.
The one that stands out above others.
The one that tests all the years of my life.
Did I love my God, myself, and my brothers. (Sisters too) :)


I wish you wonderful discoveries

Marilyn

PS. Please excuse the line out of place. I didn't know how to fix it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment