Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Experience The Healing Power of Trees


There is always Music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be quiet to hear it. Minnie Aumonier


There's a place of rest within each of us--a safe haven as we rush through life too worn out to deal with everything that hits us in the face. But to find the peace, comfort, wisdom and strength to meet life's demands, we need to form a connection through daily prayer, meditation, music and nature--whatever way pulls you inside to that quiet place. And one of the most effective ways to reach that place is with a tree.

Trees put oxygen into the air, provide shade from the hot sun, wood for many of our needs, substances for some of our medications, and some provide nuts and fruits to nourish us. What a miraculous gift they are. And their vibrational energy is known to be healing.

In modern and ancient times, trees have held an important place in many cultures for healing, religion and spirituality. In 2004, Japan's National Land Afforestation Promotion Organisation, conducted an experiment and discovered that a forest stroll had beneficial effects on blood pressure, heart rate and the immune system. They also found that people who just looked at a forest view for 20 minutes had a 13 percent lower concentration of the stress hormone cortisol.

In every walk with nature, man receives far more than he seeks. John Muir

In an article by Laura Hamilton in Psychics Universe titled The Spiritual Power of Trees, she says, "The energy of trees can also affect our mental, emotional and spiritual energy. With roots reaching deep into the earth, they have excellent grounding energy. Their vibrations are slower, deeper and more concentrated compared to some other living things. Essentially they give out the energy vibe of safety, security and stability. By coming into contact with a tree, you begin to resonate with the tree's energy and you become more centered and grounded. This can explain the comfort many people feel when next to a tree, or the peace and serenity when they sit under a tree or walk through a forest." She advises hugging a tree and thanking it for helping you ground your energy. As for me, I enjoy sitting under a tree leaning against its strong trunk.


One time while visiting in Seattle, I sat on a shady porch taking in the pristine beauty of giant northwestern trees. I've always loved trees, and just the sight took my breath. Then a nearby tree called my name, and I thought of what I'd heard about the benefits of sitting under a tree. Something shifted inside, and I was drawn to try this new way to reach my quiet place. As I relaxed against the tree, I felt negative energy moving down from my body into the earth. Then the earth poured her loving energy up into my body and joined the powerful energy of the tree. My heart was very quiet, and I was wrapped in exquisite peace and strength. I'll never forget the experience.

As I sat in this quiet, I remembered singing in my school choir many years ago. We sang Joyce Kilmer's poem about trees. Now I understood his poem, and so much more.

Trees
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

Find your way to go within and be quiet. Listen for the truth in your heart. You really can walk through life with peace and joy when you know where to look. And look for a tree everyday.

I wish you peace, health, joy and strength as you walk through each day

.Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment