Tuesday, January 12, 2016

You Are More Than You Think You Are. Claim It.



Do you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be? Danielle LaPorte

When I was a child there were days when life wasn't what I wanted it to be. Like all children, sometimes I got sick, or I cried, or I got angry. But something inside told me I had a choice, and I could be and do anything I wanted...with my child mind. So I went on wonderful trips around the world. I rode on airplanes, and climbed the highest mountains. I flew like an eagle and sang like an angel, and I saw whales leap out of the sea in Alaska. Then I looked around my own little world and watched butterflies flit from one flower to another, or laid on the grass and made figures in the clouds, or danced to Glen Miller's latest tunes. I was a beautiful goddess exploring a beautiful world.

For a while I knew who I was. But then my world began to change. After my father died, we moved up north, and kids made fun of me because I had a southern accent, and I felt I didn't belong. Then at home being a good girl meant doing what I was told, And the strict do and don't rules interrupted my daydreams. Who I was supposed to be was clearly set out for me. I had to grow up. And I forgot to be who I used to be.

Every child has a story, and no two are alike. Over time, our own individual experiences mold us into what our environment requires, and we identify with who we think we are. This identity becomes so much a part of us, we rarely question the authenticity of this delusion. In our mind we become someone we're not, and we oftentimes forget who we truly are.

In everyday conversation, it's difficult to speak without using the words 'I am'. But these are tricky, and they're powerful.They imply that you are what you're claiming with 'I am', such as 'I am'sick, cold, fed up, scared, etc. But the illness, the cold, the fed up, the scared, etc are not you. You may be experiencing these things, but they're only what you're dealing with or feeling. Don't claim them with 'I am'. You can't avoid the words altogether, but use them wisely, and don't claim anything you don't want.

Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That's who you really are, let go of any part of you that doesn't believe it. C. Assaad


Do you remember when you were a child and you jumped and played and sang songs and daydreamed? Oh, I know, there were difficult times, but remember the good ones. What was that like? And where did that little child go? When you think about you, can you see and feel the innocence you once felt? If you asked yourself who and what you are, what would your answer be? Would you say, "I am God's beautiful precious child, created in love, with all I need to be happy and to express happiness to others"? What would you say?

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. Thornton Wilder. 

Most of us know who we are, but we're very busy, and we don't much think about it. But your inner child knows. What a miracle it would be for you to awaken your inner child and recapture that miracle part of you, that part that can replace chaos with peace, soften conflict with love, comfort sorrow with joy.

Yes, we have to grow up and function in the adult world, but if we're to live as we're meant to live, the source from which we function must be from our true authentic self. Reconnect with the knowledge of who you are, and claim it. Mandy Hale says, "You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens."

I wish you beautiful moments with your wonderful self.


Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment