Monday, August 1, 2016

Your Thoughts Direct The Quality Of Your Life. What Are You Thinking?



Listen when your body whispers to you, so you don't have to hear it scream. Unknown

Every day we're faced with stressful situations, minor to life changing. And we've been given a mind to guide us to positive outcomes. But we don't always listen to the part of our mind that's divinely tuned in to truth. We listen to the confused rattle of our human thinking, and allow our thoughts to keep us stuck in situations we don't want. But whatever the situation, if we're aware, there's usually a reminder to lead us back to where we need to be.

Recently, I went to my physical therapy session, and noticed a message on the wall. It said, "The body achieves what the mind believes." Aha. I know that. And so do most of you. But when you're in pain, and you see no way out, it's easy to forget. We just leave everything up to the doctors and whatever they prescribe with a 'one size fits all' attitude.

Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. Jim Rahn

I'm struggling with an 8 month old injury to my side and back, and I never once remembered the power my thoughts have over my body. I've just plugged along every day wondering when I'll finally recover and the pain will stop. No positive thoughts there--just ain't it awful--until I was reminded to examine what my mind believes about my health.

It's easy to forget that every issue in your life is a reflection of your thoughts. And maybe your thoughts are in the wrong place. A few years ago I was facing a nagging problem believing I had to resolve it, me alone, or it would not get resolved. Well, I'd done everything I could think of, and nothing changed. Then one day I was standing outside looking up at the sky, feeling very inadequate and frustrated when I heard a voice in my head (no, I'm not crazy) saying, "Leave the orchestration to God. He/She knows the music." Wow. 

I realized then that some situations, like relationships or work, require more than my efforts, and I could not change everything myself. I actually got in my own way with my worry and fretting. So I stepped back and took a breath, did what was mine to do, and the rest easily came together. By the way, I told my dentist about what I'd heard, and he made a plaque for his desk with those words on it.

You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be. Marianne Williamson

Some situations in life such as any kind of personal loss cannot be changed. They are what they are. But they don't have to destroy you. I know someone who's wheelchair bound with multiple sclerosis, and at first she was devastated. But she changed her thinking and found peace. Now she is remarkable. A friend takes her to lunch every week, she and a neighbor 'walk and roll' around their neighborhood every day, she does light chores around the house, she and her husband are active in the children's program in their church, etc, etc. And she always has a smile for everyone.




Clear your mind of can't. Samuel Johnson

Every once in a while look around and see what you have created in your life. And if there's something that needs attention, examine your thoughts about it, and correct your thinking if necessary. It's important to believe in yourself and your ability to choose sound options for change. Ask for help when you need it, but think about what's yours to do, and do it. And don't forget to include and maintain hope and faith in the process. They will keep you moving forward. Move through each day in a state of awareness, and you'll see your life unfold in miraculous ways.

I wish you good thoughts and a happy life.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment