Monday, October 17, 2016

When Those Hurricanes Hit Your Life, Find An Angel Moment


Last week a hurricane knocked out my computer, and I couldn't write. I'm so sorry for that. But we survived, sooo:


There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm. Willa Cather

I've just survived another hurricane, and sometimes I'm so focused on what's going on, I forget about what I call angel moments. Some call them coincidences. But I believe in angels, and some of those coincidences are so well orchestrated that angels must be responsible. I forgot about them again this time, but when it was over, they gave me a sound reminder.

Each hurricane has a personality of its own, and this giant took its time causing damage as far reaching as it could. Then it came crawling up my coast, getting closer and closer. I always prepare and ride them out, but I'm never really prepared...just on ready if I ever need to run.

This time I spent 3 days and 4 nights without power, carrying 2 small lanterns for light. I thought I'd prepared to keep my freezer cold, but I lost all the food in my fridge. I lived on bread, peanut butter, and fruit, but had a hot meal the last day when my sister-in-law got her power back.

When I finally got my TV on, I saw all the terrible devastation, not only far south, but in my own city. And I cried for all of those less fortunate than I was. My yard was covered with limbs, branches, and debris from old oak and pine trees, but my house and car remained in tact. You never know who will get hit and who will not.

The most incredible thing about angel miracles is that they happen. G. K. Chesterton

When the storm had passed this area, people were out clearing their yards, and that's when I received my angel moment. Many years ago, my climbing rose bush gave up blooming near the ground, and it put 2 shoots up into the palm tree next to it. So every spring beautiful white roses bloom in the top of that tree. Well, the hurricane blew both shoots onto the ground, and the little green leaves spread clear across my lawn. I loved that rose bush, and this was a loss for me.

But as I stood over my rose bush mourning its end, my angels jumped in, and just at the right time a van with 2 men passed my house, then backed up. They got out, and one said, "Excuse me, ma'am, can we cut that up for you and put it out for pick up?" I cringed. "Oh, no. I'm mourning the loss of my rose bush." And I told them about the roses in the palm tree. They looked at each other, thought a minute, and said, "We'll get it back up in the tree for you." Impossible, I thought. One shoot had died, but they worked until they actually got the other one back up secure in the tree to bloom again. That was a true angel moment. I offered to pay them, but all they would take was a hug. I thanked them from my heart, and I thanked my angels. Coincidence??

When difficult times come into your life, you may feel like you've been hit with a hurricane. Sometimes you see it coming. Sometimes you don't. And it's hard getting through. But call it what you will, angel moments are always there if you pay attention and look for them. They were probably there during the hurricane, but I forgot to pay attention. Next time I won't forget.

When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person that walked in. That's what the storm is all about. Haruki Murakami

Process to work through your storms:

1. Angels are already there. Ask them for help, even if you don't believe in them.
2. Clarify and understand the storm you're dealing with.
3. Don't resist. Accept what is and let it be.
4. Transfer your focus from problem to resolution, and do whatever you can to resolve it.

Important: Throughout this whole process, and beyond, watch for angel moments and listen for guidance. They will bring you help and the peace and comfort you need to get through. And always remember to thank them for their gifts.

I wish you many happy angel moments.

Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment