Monday, February 27, 2017

Choose Laughter


Hello, everyone.

I have to apologize for not having an article ready for today. But I remembered a time a saw a precious little girl enjoying an absolutely wonderful laugh...and I thought about the value of laughter not only in fun times, but especially when you're down and need lifting up. So today I'm offering a poem about those down times.


If you're laughing, you're healing. Gangaji

It's not easy to laugh when you're hurting with physical illness, mental anguish, emotional pain or a spiritual need. It all hurts, and you may feel nothing can help. But that's when laughter is important to help your inner child laugh again. There have been times when my own faith had to be rekindled and, for me, my poetry helps. I wrote the following poem during one of those times.

I find that when I hurt inside,
I can make a joke and find a laugh.
It comes from yet a different place,
Along my weary path.
Laughter drives away the tears,
And calms the hurt below.
It frees my soul to feel alive
Where I think angels go.
God knew I'd need this useful tool
To lift me high above the dark,
So I can see the truth of life,
And find that vital spark.
Thank you, Lord, for quips and giggles,
For making light of strife and pain,
For finding fun in spite of trial
To find my joyful way again.

I wish you laughter to wash away the tears. Be happy, dear one.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment